Gift Acceptance Policies
Montana Academy Foundation (MAF) solicits and accepts charitable gifts to support and fulfill its mission. This Gift Acceptance Policy ensures the following: all gifts are solicited, accepted, acknowledged, and managed in accordance with applicable state and federal laws and codes, MAF interests are protected, and donors are treated in a professional, ethical, and fair manner.
1. The Board of Directors of Montana Academy Foundation reserves the right to accept or reject, in its sole discretion, any proposed donation.
2. MAF may accept outright gifts and pledges to give. Donations will generally be accepted from individuals, partnerships, corporations, foundations, government agencies, or other entities, without limitations. Deferred gifts and/or pledges can be accepted and will be documented to include the payment schedule, gift purpose, and any applicable matching gift information.
3. In the course of its regular fundraising activities, Montana Academy Foundation will accept gifts of money, real property, personal property, stock, and in-kind services.
4. Certain types of gifts must be reviewed prior to acceptance due to the special liabilities they may pose for Montana Academy Foundation. Examples of gifts that will be subject to review include gifts of real property, gifts of personal property, and gifts of securities.
5. Donors will be clearly informed about the intended use of their gifts. In exercise of its fiduciary responsibilities, the members of the Board of Directors may broaden the purpose of a gift should they determine at some future date that the purpose of the gift no longer serves the best interests and/or the greatest needs of the school.
6. Donors will be provided with gift receipts and materials to meet legal and IRS requirements. All information concerning donors shall be confidential and restricted to MAF Board members, school employees, legal counsel, and auditors or accountants with a need to know in the normal course of conducting business. Donors may request that they have their names withheld from any published reports and will be listed as ‘Anonymous.’ MAF shall seek permission from donors to use selective information for purposes of referral, testimonial, and public recognition.